British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course
The Foundation Course 1 is run nationally (in England, Scotland and Wales) and is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their personal practice of yoga and widen their experience. It provides a comprehensive grounding in basic practical techniques taught in the context of the philosophy that underpins Yoga. It is an ideal preparation for those who may wish to train as yoga teachers in the future* but equally suitable for yoga students who do not wish to teach.
* Completion of the Foundation Course would be advantageous when applying to join a BWY Diploma course and is highly recommended.
British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course 1 Certificate of Attendance.
- Minimum of two years’ class attendance with a suitably qualified and experienced yoga teacher.
- Students must join the British Wheel of Yoga if not already a member (see below).
The Foundation Course provides the opportunity to develop your Yoga practice. It is a 60-hour course running over 6 months on Saturdays and covers a wide range of topics relating to Yoga Philosophy and practice that you wouldn’t normally cover in generalyoga class.
The core syllabus includes:
- Basic breathing
- Preparation for Asana
- Mudra (Sealing gestures)
- Kriya (cleansing practice)
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Concentration techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Talks and discussions on the context and meaning of Yoga.
Length of Course:
The course will run for 10 Saturday’s over 6 months.
Introductory day 18th April
Course dates : May 2nd & 9th, June 6th & 13th, July 11th, Sept 26th, Oct 3rd & 17th, Nov 7th & 14th
nearest station Chingford (5 mins walk from station)
Further information, booking form and reference letter can be found here: