Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any information you provide will be held for our own use only and not knowingly disclosed to any third party in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 unless we are required by law to do so.
Our website is SSL protected meaning that when you contact us through the website, all your details are encrypted before being transmitted to us.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU).
This is how we are protecting your data and your rights:
- Consent and the storing and processing of data by ‘Hatha Yoga with lisa’: By booking on to a class, course or workshop at ‘Hatha Yoga with lisa’ you consent to your email address, name, telephone number and health information being held by ‘Hatha Yoga with lisa’ electronically. This is only for the purpose of processing your booking and sending details of the yoga classes, courses or workshops you are attending.
- Right to be forgotten: Let us know if you do not want to continue to attend yoga classes or courses at ‘Hatha Yoga with lisa’ by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org, in which case we will permanently delete all data we hold about you
- Right to object: We do not use your data for any other reason than to send you information about your booked yoga courses/classes or to send you newsletter or other event information. If you want to opt out of being sent our newsletter or event information you may unsubcribe using a link at the bottom of our newsletter or events emails
- Right to rectification: You may access, update, correct, amend or delete the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us on email@example.com
- Right of portability: We will export your account data to a third party at any time on your request
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Third party cookies are used on this site – these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
How to control and delete cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies as well as more general information about cookies.